Our Wonderful Team!
We have over 300 staff, who work tirelessly toward making a positive difference in the lives of people with a disability.
As Cootharinga expands, we have seen many staff step up into new roles, and take on additional responsibilities. They have also embraced some significant changes including electronic records, least restrictive options, and a stronger focus on person centred planning. It is through the efforts of our wonderful staff that we are able to provide new and exciting opportunities for the people we assist.
Our staff are shining stars! Quietly effective, dedicated to the cause, seekers of innovation, out of the square thinkers, honest and reliable, teachable and skilled who seize opportunties to develop their professional growth.
Our values reflect this:
- Valuing all Abilities
- We proactively work towards "Building a better world with people of all abilities"
- Innovation and Creativity
- We value and pursue innovative and creative ideas.
- Team Spirit
- We build positive and supportive teams through trust, respect and valuing each other.
- We respect all cultures, people and diversity.
- We believe in, promote and consistently pursue the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Positive Partnerships
- We seek, develop and strengthen partnerships for positive change.
Cootharinga has made deliberate efforts to promote a culture which fosters professional growth, by encouraging initiative, improved work performance, increased confidence and positive teamwork.
Staff work together to provide services to people living with a disability which are of a high quality and person centred. To do this effectively, they are encouraged to be involved in planning and to take an active role to improve workplace culture and performance.